Father’s Day Special
Father’s Day 6/19 from 12:30 to 2 you can treat your dad (or anyone) to a pour your own Guinness with a commemorative glass. This will be located next to the Main Tent Beer Truck and a Guinness Rep will instruct you on the perfect pour. You get to pour your own in a complimentary Guinness glass while supplies last (specialty glass will not be refilled on site). When glasses are exhausted, the pour will continue until 2 at the regular price.
- Whiskey Tasting Event
Saturday, June 18 @ 2:30 pm & 4:45pm
Sunday, June 19 @ 3:00pm
* Irish Cultural Award Presentation Main Tent, Saturday, June 18th at 2:40pm for the inaugural presentation of the Fairfield County Irish Festival “Irish Cultural Award” to Fairfield University President Jeffrey von Arx, SJ.
* 1916 Commemoration Main Tent, Sunday, June 19th at 3:30pm. 2016 marks the 100th Anniversary of the Easter Rising in Dublin. Join us for the reading of the Proclamation and a short commemoration
* FEILE, Incorporated Scholarship Awards Main Tent, Sunday, June 19th at 4pm. This year’s essay topic question was “The harp is the national emblem of Ireland, while the shamrock and Celtic Cross are also symbols most widely associated with Irish culture and history. In this essay, propose a new symbol that encompasses the spirit of Ireland. Justify your choice of symbol using examples from Irish culture, literature or history”.
Three Scholarships in the amount of $2000 each will be awarded to:
- Cillian Donahue St. Joseph High School
- Maeve Flaherty Hopkins School
- Patrick Grasso Fairfield College Preparatory School
Winning essays can be found all weekend in the Cultural Tent.
House Tent Irish Soda Bread Contest!
RULES AND APPLICATION
- Entries confined to amateur bakers.
- Only one entry per person.
- 20 entry limit.
- Entries must be submitted on paper plates or plain cardboard and delivered to the House tent.
- No prepared mixes may be used.
- Entries will be judged by appearance, texture and flavor.
- All persons making entries agree to accept the judges and agree to abide by their decisions.
- Judging will begin promptly on Sunday, June 19 at 1:30pm Entries should be dropped off by 1:15pm. Prizes will be awarded for first, second and third place.