Feile, Inc., of Fairfield, CT, a non-profit organization dedicated to the promotion of Irish culture, is pleased to announce our 2017 scholarship program.
Three scholarships – $2,000 each will be awarded to high school seniors from Easton/Redding, Fairfield, Milford, Monroe, Newtown, Shelton, Stratford, Trumbull, Weston, Westport or Wilton who will be entering accredited institutions of higher learning in 2017.
Applicants need not be of Irish heritage to participate.
Awards will be based primarily on the submission of an essay with additional consideration for school, community, church activities as well as overall academic achievement.
The completed application form should be submitted along with the essay by May 15, 2017.
You can download the Scholarship Application here.
2017 Feile Scholarship Application Word Doc.
- Completed application form.
- Essay: Submit a typed essay below of approximately 500 words on the following topic:
“What is the relevance of the life of Michael Collins for today’s world?”
- The application and essay must be submitted on or before May 15, 2017.
- Complete application online at www.irishfestival.org, Scholarship link/button. Please note that transcripts are not required or encouraged, nor is any type of resume as they are not considered. The signature of your guidance counselor on your completed application is necessary.
- In lieu of signatures, please e-mail a copy of your completed application to your guidance counselor with a request that they forward it to us at email@example.com with a statement verifying the information on the application.
- Applicants acknowledge that, upon submission, all scholarship essays become the property of FEILE, Incorporated which it may re-produce or publish as it deems appropriate. By participating through submission of a scholarship essay, each applicant waives any claim of privacy or ownership in the essay and agrees to abide by all rules of FEILE, Incorporated, including its sole right to determine scholarship winners and to publish information about scholarship participants.